Melbourne Jewish Book Week acknowledges the Boonwurrung/Bunurong and Wurrundjeri Woi Wurrung peoples of the Eastern Kulin Nation as Traditional Owners and Custodians of the land we operate from. We pay our respect to their Elders past, present and emerging.
MJBW Guiding Principles
In all of its activities, operations and strategic planning, Melbourne Jewish Book Week is guided by the following:
Literature, ideas and debate
- To promote the literary richness of Jewish culture.
- To produce a program of events that encourages discussion and debate.
- To showcase, encourage and provide opportunities for established and emerging writers who are Jewish or explore Jewish themes in their work.
Culture and heritage
- To strengthen our relationship with our rich and diverse heritage.
- To engage both self-identified and unaffiliated Jews in a pluralistic manner.
Community and connections
- To collaborate with other Jewish cultural and educational organisations to strengthen the community.
- To develop connections that spread beyond the Jewish community to attract a broad audience.
Diversity and inclusivity
- To celebrate diversity and inclusivity within the Jewish and broader communities.
Are you Interested in volunteering for MJBW? Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Melbourne Jewish Book Week would like to express its gratitude to the continued support of the following sponsors:
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. Examples of your personal information include your name, address, contact number and email address.
We collect your personal information when you:
· register for one of our events;
· subscribe to the MJBW Newsletter;
· make a donation to us; or
· contact or interact with us (including through our website or social media).
The kind of personal information we collect depends on the circumstances. We generally collect your name, email address and any other information you choose to provide to us.
We hold and use your personal information to respond to your request and manage our relationship with you. We may disclose your information to our service providers where required for these purposes. However, we do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their own purposes or mailing lists.
If you would like more information about our approach to privacy, please contact us at email@example.com.
We may amend this policy from time to time at our discretion. Amended versions will be posted on our website mjbw.wpengine.com.